PANDA RESTAURANT GROUP, INC. TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR SERVICES
LAST UPDATED: October 1, 2021
These Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) apply to your access to and use of the websites, mobile applications and other online or digital products and services (collectively, the “Services”) provided by Panda Restaurant Group, Inc., and its affiliates, subsidiaries, and related entities including, but not limited to, Panda Express, Panda Inn, Wasabi, Yakiya, Hibachi San, and any other entities or locations owned or operated by Panda Restaurant Group, Inc. (“Panda” or “we” or “our” or “us”).
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY, INCLUDING THE ARBITRATION PROVISION IN SECTION 15, WHICH REQUIRES THAT MOST DISPUTES BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, NOT A CLASS-WIDE OR CONSOLIDATED BASIS.
BY ACCESSING OR USING OUR SERVICES, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND ALL TERMS INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS IN THEIR ENTIRETY, DO NOT USE OUR SERVICES.
You must be at least 13 years of age to use our Services. If you are under 18 years of age (or the age of legal majority where you live), you may use our Services only under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian who agrees to be bound by these Terms. If you are a parent or legal guardian of a user under the age of 18 (or the age of legal majority), you agree to be fully responsible for the acts or omissions of such user in relation to our Services. If you use our Services on behalf of another person or entity, (a) all references to “you” throughout these Terms will include that person or entity, (b) you represent that you are authorized to accept these Terms on that person’s or entity’s behalf, and (c) in the event you or the person or entity violates these Terms, the person or entity agrees to be responsible to us.
2. User Accounts and Account Security
You may need to register for an account to access some or all of our Services. If you register for an account, you must provide accurate account information and promptly update this information if it changes. You also must maintain the security of your account and promptly notify us if you discover or suspect that someone has accessed your account without your permission. If you permit others to use your account credentials, you are responsible for the activities of such users that occur in connection with your account. We reserve the right to reclaim usernames, including on behalf of businesses or individuals that hold legal claim, including trademark rights, in those usernames.
3. User Content
- Our Services may allow you and other users to create, post, store and share content, including messages, text, photos, videos, and other materials (collectively, “User Content”). Except for the license you grant below, you retain all rights in and to your User Content, as between you and Panda.
- You grant Panda a perpetual, irrevocable, nonexclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, fully paid, and sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, publicly perform and display your User Content and any name, username or likeness provided in connection with your User Content in all media formats and channels now known or later developed without compensation to you, including to use them for any commercial or other purpose whatsoever. When you post or otherwise share User Content on or through our Services, you understand that your User Content and any associated information (such as your username or profile photo) may be visible to others.
- You may not create, post, store or share any User Content that violates these Terms or for which you do not have all the rights necessary to grant us the license described above. You represent and warrant that your User Content, and our use of such content as permitted by these Terms, will not violate any rights of or cause injury to any person or entity. Although we have no obligation to screen, edit or monitor User Content, we may delete or remove User Content at any time and for any reason with or without notice.
4. Prohibited Conduct and Content
- You will not violate any applicable law, contract, intellectual property right or other third-party right or commit a tort, and you are solely responsible for your conduct while using our Services. You will not:
- Engage in any harassing, threatening, intimidating, predatory or stalking conduct;
- Use or attempt to use another user’s account without authorization from that user and Panda;
- Impersonate or post on behalf or any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Sell, resell or commercially use our Services;
- Copy, reproduce, distribute, publicly perform or publicly display all or portions of our Services, except as expressly permitted by us or our licensors;
- Modify our Services, remove any proprietary rights notices or markings, or otherwise make any derivative works based upon our Services;
- Use our Services other than for their intended purpose and in any manner that could interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect or inhibit other users from fully enjoying our Services or that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the functioning of our Services in any manner;
- Reverse engineer any aspect of our Services or do anything that might discover source code or bypass or circumvent measures employed to prevent or limit access to any part of our Services;
- Use any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods designed to scrape or extract data from our Services;
- Develop or use any applications that interact with our Services without our prior written consent;
- Send, distribute or post spam, unsolicited or bulk commercial electronic communications, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
- Bypass or ignore instructions contained in our robots.txt file; or
- Use our Services for any illegal or unauthorized purpose, or engage in, encourage or promote any activity that violates these Terms.
- Is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory or fraudulent;
- Would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party or otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law;
- May infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party;
- Contains or depicts any statements, remarks or claims that do not reflect your honest views and experiences;
- Impersonates, or misrepresents your affiliation with, any person or entity;
- Contains any unsolicited promotions, political campaigning, advertising or solicitations;
- Contains any private or personal information of a third party without such third party’s consent;
- Contains any viruses, corrupted data or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files or content; or
- In our sole judgment, is objectionable, restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying our Services, or may expose Panda or others to any harm or liability of any type.
5. Ownership; Limited License
The Services, including the text, graphics, images, photographs, videos, illustrations and other content contained therein, are owned by Panda or our licensors and are protected under both United States and foreign laws. Except as explicitly stated in these Terms, all rights in and to the Services are reserved by us or our licensors. Subject to your compliance with these Terms, you are hereby granted a limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to access and use our Services for your own personal, noncommercial use. Any use of the Services other than as specifically authorized herein, without our prior written permission, is strictly prohibited, will terminate the license granted herein and violate our intellectual property rights.
Unless otherwise indicated, all content and other materials therein, including, without limitation, the Panda logo, our product or service names, our slogans and the look and feel of the Services are trademarks of Panda and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without our prior written permission. All other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names and company names or logos mentioned on the Services are the property of their respective owners. Reference to any products, services, processes or other information by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation by us.
You may voluntarily post, submit or otherwise communicate to us any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, original or creative materials or other information about Panda or our Services (collectively, “Feedback”). You understand that we may use such Feedback for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you, including to develop, copy, publish, or improve the Feedback in Panda’s sole discretion. You understand that Panda may treat Feedback as nonconfidential.
8. Repeat Infringer Policy; Copyright Complaints
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and other applicable law, we have adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances, the accounts of users who repeatedly infringe the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that anything on our Services infringes any copyright that you own or control, you may notify Panda’s designated agent as follows:
|Designated Agent:||Attn: Corporate Legal Team
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc.
|Address:||1683 Walnut Grove Avenue
Rosemead CA 91770
|Telephone Number:||(626) 799-9898|
Please see 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3) for the requirements of a proper notification. Also, please note that if you knowingly misrepresent that any activity or material on our Services is infringing, you may be liable to Panda for certain costs and damages.
9. Third-Party Content
We may provide information about third-party products, services, activities or events, or we may allow third parties to make their content and information available on or through the Services (collectively, “Third-Party Content”). We provide Third-Party Content as a service to those interested in such content. Your dealings or correspondence with third parties and your use of or interaction with any Third-Party Content are solely between you and the third party. Panda does not control or endorse, and makes no representations or warranties regarding, any Third-Party Content, and your access to and use of such Third-Party Content is at your own risk.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you will indemnify, defend and hold harmless Panda and our subsidiaries and affiliates, and each of our respective officers, directors, agents, partners and employees (individually and collectively, the “Panda Parties”) from and against any losses, liabilities, claims, demands, damages, expenses or costs (“Claims”) arising out of or related to (a) your access to or use of the Services; (b) your User Content or Feedback; (c) your violation of these Terms; (d) your violation, misappropriation or infringement of any rights of another (including intellectual property rights or privacy rights); or (e) your conduct in connection with the Services. You agree to promptly notify Panda Parties of any third-party Claims, cooperate with Panda Parties in defending such Claims and pay all fees, costs and expenses associated with defending such Claims (including attorneys’ fees). You also agree that the Panda Parties will have control of the defense or settlement, at Panda’s sole option, of any third-party Claims. This indemnity is in addition to, and not in lieu of, any other indemnities set forth in a written agreement between you and Panda or the other Panda Parties.
Your use of our Services is at your sole risk. Except as otherwise provided in writing by us, our Services and any content therein are provided “as is” and “as available” without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement. In addition, Panda does not represent or warrant that our Services are accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free. While Panda attempts to make your use of our Services and any content therein safe, we cannot and do not represent or warrant that our Services or servers are free of viruses or other harmful components. You assume the entire risk as to the quality and performance of the Services.
12. Limitation of Liability
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Panda and the other Panda Parties will not be liable to you under any theory of liability—whether based in contract, tort, negligence, warranty, or otherwise—for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, punitive or special damages or lost profits, even if Panda or the other Panda Parties have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- The limitations set forth in this Section 12 will not limit or exclude liability for the gross negligence, fraud or intentional misconduct of Panda or the other Panda Parties or for any other matters in which liability cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. Additionally, some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you release Panda and the other Panda Parties from responsibility, liability, claims, demands and/or damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or related to disputes between users and the acts or omissions of third parties. If you are a consumer who resides in California, you hereby waive your rights under California Civil Code § 1542, which provides: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor.”
14.Transfer and Processing Data
In order for us to provide our Services, you agree that we may process, transfer and store information about you in the United States and other countries, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.
15. Dispute Resolution; Binding Arbitration
Please read the following section carefully because by accepting these Terms you agree to:
- Resolve any dispute with us through final and binding arbitration or small claims dispute procedures;
- Waive your rights to a jury trial;
- Waive your rights to participate in any class action suit
- No Representative Actions. You and Panda agree that any dispute arising out of or related to these Terms or our Services is personal to you and Panda and that any dispute will be resolved solely through individual action, and will not be brought as a class arbitration, class action or any other type of representative proceeding.
- Arbitration of Disputes. Except for small claims disputes in which you or Panda seeks to bring an individual action in small claims court located in the county of your billing address or disputes in which you or Panda seeks injunctive or other equitable relief for the alleged infringement or misappropriation of intellectual property, you and Panda waive your rights to a jury trial and to have any other dispute arising out of or related to these Terms or our Services, (collectively, “Disputes”) resolved in court.Either party may, even after initiation of an arbitration, chose to transfer the dispute to small claims court on any claim over which that court would have jurisdiction. You and we each agree to negotiate your claim in good faith. You may request arbitration if your claim or dispute cannot be resolved within 60 days. Instead, for any Dispute that you have against Panda you agree to first contact Panda and attempt to resolve the claim informally by sending a written notice of your claim (“Notice”) to Panda by email at GuestRelations@pandarg.com or by certified mail addressed to:
Attn: Corporate Legal Team
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc.
1683 Walnut Grove Avenue
Rosemead CA 91770
The Notice must (a) include your name, residence address, email address, and telephone number; (b) describe the nature and basis of the Dispute; and (c) set forth the specific relief sought. Our notice to you will be similar in form to that described above. If you and Panda cannot reach an agreement to resolve the Dispute within sixty (60) days after such Notice is received, then either party may submit the Dispute to binding arbitration administered by JAMS or, under the limited circumstances set forth above, in court. All Disputes submitted to JAMS will be resolved through confidential, binding arbitration. Arbitration proceedings will be held in your county of residence. You and Panda agree that Disputes will be held in accordance with the JAMS Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures (“JAMS Rules”). The most recent version of the JAMS Rules are available on the JAMS website and are hereby incorporated by reference. You either acknowledge and agree that you have read and understand the JAMS Rules or waive your opportunity to read the JAMS Rules and waive any claim that the JAMS Rules are unfair or should not apply for any reason.
- You and Panda agree that these Terms affect interstate commerce and that the enforceability of this Section 15 will be substantively and procedurally governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. § 1, et seq. (the “FAA”), to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. As limited by the FAA, these Terms and the JAMS Rules, the arbitrator will have exclusive authority to make all procedural and substantive decisions regarding any Dispute and to grant any remedy that would otherwise be available in court, including the power to determine the question of arbitrability. The arbitrator may conduct only an individual arbitration and may not consolidate more than one individual’s claims, preside over any type of class or representative proceeding or preside over any proceeding involving more than one individual.
- The arbitration will allow for the discovery or exchange of non-privileged information relevant to the Dispute. The arbitrator, Panda, and you will maintain the confidentiality of any arbitration proceedings, judgments and awards, including information gathered, prepared and presented for purposes of the arbitration or related to the Dispute(s) therein. The arbitrator will have the authority to make appropriate rulings to safeguard confidentiality, unless the law provides to the contrary. The duty of confidentiality does not apply to the extent that disclosure is necessary to prepare for or conduct the arbitration hearing on the merits, in connection with a court application for a preliminary remedy or in connection with a judicial challenge to an arbitration award or its enforcement, or to the extent that disclosure is otherwise required by law or judicial decision.
- The arbitrator shall apply applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law.
- You and Panda agree that for any arbitration you initiate, you will pay the filing fee (up to a maximum of $250 if you are a consumer), and Panda will pay the remaining JAMS fees and costs. For any arbitration initiated by Panda, Panda will pay all JAMS fees and costs. Regarding claims under $10,000 as to which you provided notice and negotiated in good faith as required above before initiating arbitration, if the arbitrator finds you are the prevailing party in the arbitration, you will be entitled to a recovery of reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs. Except for claims determined to be frivolous, we agree not to seek an award of attorneys’ fees in arbitration even if an award is otherwise available under applicable law. You and Panda agree if a court finds all or substantially all of a party’s claims or defenses in a lawsuit to be wholly insubstantial, frivolous, and not advanced in good faith, a court shall award reasonable attorneys’ fees and other costs and expenses incurred in defending against such claims
- If any portion of this Section 15 is found to be unenforceable or unlawful for any reason, (a) the unenforceable or unlawful provision shall be severed from these Terms; (b) severance of the unenforceable or unlawful provision shall have no impact whatsoever on the remainder of this Section 15 or the parties’ ability to compel arbitration of any remaining claims on an individual basis pursuant to this Section 15; and (c) to the extent that any claims must therefore proceed on a class, collective, consolidated, or representative basis, such claims must be litigated in a civil court of competent jurisdiction and not in arbitration, and the parties agree that litigation of those claims shall be stayed pending the outcome of any individual claims in arbitration. Further, if any part of this Section 15 is found to prohibit an individual claim seeking public injunctive relief, that provision will have no effect to the extent such relief is allowed to be sought out of arbitration.
16. Governing Law and Venue
Any dispute arising from these Terms and your use of the Services will be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of California, except to the extent preempted by U.S. federal law, without regard to conflict of law rules or principles (whether of California or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction. Any dispute between the parties that is not subject to arbitration or cannot be heard in small claims court will be resolved in the state or federal courts of California and the United States, respectively, sitting in Los Angeles County, California.
17. Modifying and Terminating our Services
We reserve the right to modify our Services or to suspend or stop providing all or portions of our Services at any time. You also have the right to stop using our Services at any time. We are not responsible for any loss or harm related to your inability to access or use our Services.
18. Updates to these Terms
- We may make changes to these Terms from time to time. If we make changes, we will provide you with notice of such changes through our Services or updating the date at the top of these Terms. Unless we say otherwise in our notice, the amended Terms will be effective immediately, and your continued use of our Services after we provide such notice will confirm your acceptance of the changes. If you do not agree to the amended Terms, you must stop using our Services.
If any provision or part of a provision of these Terms is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision or part of the provision is deemed severable from these Terms and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- The failure of Panda to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. These Terms reflect the entire agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter hereof and supersede all prior agreements, representations, statements and understandings of the parties. The section titles in these Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. Use of the word “including” will be interpreted to mean “including without limitation.” Except as otherwise provided herein, these Terms are intended solely for the benefit of the parties and are not intended to confer third-party beneficiary rights upon any other person or entity. You agree that communications and transactions between us may be conducted electronically.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc. Mobile Text Program Terms and Conditions
By providing your telephone number, you are subscribing to Panda’s Mobile Text Program (“Text”) and provide express written consent to receive text messaging from Panda Restaurant Group, Inc., including its affiliates, subsidiaries, agents and service providers (“Panda” or “we”) for any purpose, including but not limited to marketing various services from Panda.
You understand and agree that Panda’s Terms and Conditions for Services are incorporated into, and become part of, Panda’s Text Terms and Conditions (and both documents are together, the “terms”). the terms apply only if you have opted in to a text messaging program of panda.
THE TERMS CONTAIN AN ARBITRATION PROVISION WHICH REQUIRES THAT MOST DISPUTES BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, NOT A CLASS-WIDE OR CONSOLIDATED BASIS. PLEASE CAREFULLY READ AND UNDERSTAND THESE TERMS.
Additionally, you agree to receive recurring communications from Panda regarding any service, and any information Panda may have obtained via your use of our website(s). You agree that these communications include, but are not limited to, the use of an Automated Telephone Dialing System, prerecorded and/or artificial voice, SMS, MMS, text, “in-app”, Instant Messenger, or other similar means. Note, regardless of whether your phone number is registered on a state or federal “Do Not Call List” you consent to receive recurring communications from Panda.
Panda may contact you with the opportunity to register for special promotions via mobile text messaging and other wireless services. You consent to receive such information from Panda, either by registering on our website or via your mobile device. The information requested as part of the online registration process may include, but is not limited to, a user’s telephone number or an email address (only if specifically requested), and your mobile carrier’s name. When you opt-in to the service, we will send you a message to confirm your signup. Message and data rates may apply.
Users may revoke their consent to receive messages to their mobile telephone number from Panda. A user may cancel services via his or her wireless device at any time by using the unsubscribe mechanism provided by Panda at the time the message is sent, or by sending a text message that says “STOP”. We will cancel all of the user’s registered text messaging marketing alerts with Panda. After requesting to opt-out you will receive one additional message confirming that your request has been processed. Opting out of one form of communication does not mean you’ve opted out of other forms as well. For example, if you opt out of receiving text messages, you may still receive marketing email messages if you’ve opted in to receiving them. You can also opt-out of text messaging marketing alerts by 1) calling Panda’s toll-free number: (800) 877-8988; 2) visiting our website at https://www.pandaexpress.com/; or 3) sending us a request via our mailing address at Guest Care, P.O. Box 1159 Rosemead, CA 91770.